Sunday, November 15, 2020

Prototype

 

So with doing the prototype, I was so excited to start my game and to see what the outcome was going to be like.

I wanted to start the designing first so with making the maze, I got an image of google images and applied it onto the plane to give me a layout of where to put the walls, I then got an image of bricks to apply to the walls in order to match my theme for the game which was a horror.

I was really enjoying it at the start, but I knew I was going to reach a problem somewhere.

When starting with unity I was having issues with the 2018 version so I updated it to the 2019 which was fine, but this message popped up when just trying to do the "PlayerController" which was really annoying and I'm just not 100% how to fix it. If anyone has any tips or tricks on how to do it please let me know!!






4 comments:

  1. Hey Jade, I hope you’re doing good and were able to fix your Unity and be able to start your prototype, my unity keeps crashing and I haven't thought about updating it to the newer version but will now!
    I like your idea of using a layout, best of luck with your game and I hope it works out for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jade, Really enjoyed reading this. I had the same problem on the 2019 version of unity and switched to the 2018 version and that solved the problem for me not sure why. From what I can see your game looks great and something I would enjoy. It sounds really frustrating that you were having issues with both 2018 and 2019, I think a lot of us are having problems with unity and how it works but I'm sure we will get through it !!!. Really excited to see how your game turns out !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jade! I read through your project blogs and the idea of a horror maze chase sounds super interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing your progress in building the game as well as its end result! Your scene set up looks really good so far and must have been pretty time consuming so well done! I can also see that you're capturing the essence of a horror game with the eerie and dim lighting. I haven’t come across a problem with unity like yours so I'm not too sure on how to fix it but I hope you figure something out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jade!! Really great blog here and is great to see the progression of your game to date. Wow I am really glad too see your excited to create this game, I am also excited to be creating my own game also, its a lot of fun and you can get really creative. I wonder if it would be easier to import everything from you game to unity 2019, this may help and is kind of a reset, it happened to me and it worked so. Also what if you where to look at some tutorials on YouTube to help you with the development of your game, you will see real big progress if you do so, but overall really well done and great work!!!

    ReplyDelete

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1755KsSGLWBnuJ1nWjMi_XglvVSr772vsKQ2O3A5vjOc/edit#

Reading 12 - Doing

So, we finally launched our book! To be quite honest, i'm so glad its over I felt like I was back in secondary school again doing all ...