Friday, October 16, 2020

Game Idea Research

From receiving feedback of Shaun I felt as though my strongest game, and the one I was leaning more toward was the Maze Game.

So the theme for the game is a Halloween theme, as it is coming up soon so I want to go with a spooky vibe to it. The story behind the game itself is just a young boy  who went to a scare theme park with  friends and got lost in this maze, little did he realises those "hired" scarers were real people trying to go after and hurt him (Halloween gone wrong) .So within the game its him trying to run away from them in this maze and to find the exit to find his friends and leave!

My thoughts of the elements were firstly,  that the player had to collect coins but from doing more research I came across this blog of game mechanics  called Random Mechanics. I got the inspiration from this to have unlimited paths so the user has to really try to get out and also a timer to rush them and get their adrenalin going.

 I loved the idea of how the players avatar can mark their trace by painting the walls but I don't think I'm too equipped to do that in Unity yet! but its something ill try anyways. I want to also have a map to help the users to to escape the maze.

I have the image in my head of the maze that the walls will all be the same colour so its more difficult for the user to know if they have already been there or not


So in this image you can see the 3D map at the bottom of the page which is the only help that the user can get.

This is how I would also like my layout of the game to be, the coins in the top right corner, showing the how many coins the user has collected.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Jade. Really cool game idea. The whole storyline behind the game is really cool. Its always good to have a story behind your game. Its really cool that you made the story scary especially because it is coming up to Halloween. I am very curious to see how this game will turn out. I wonder do you think the main character will ever find his friends after the maze once he escapes? I also wonder as to what made the main character loose his friends in the first place, was it to do with them being scared off by the people hunting them or? What if you make the maze level based? SO when the main character reaches the end of lets ay level one where there is one hunter after him, in level two there are two hunters after him. This may add a bit more difficulty to the game if you might be struggling to make the maze harder and harder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jade, Love the game idea ! I love how you went with a Halloween theme for the game I'm interested to see how you are gonna achieve the Halloween theme and I'm really excited to see how it turns out. I'm curious about how the boy got lost in the maze did he lose his friends or did he get lost ?. What if you put a button in each room so the player could press it so they would know if they were in the hall before or maybe add some defining features to each hallway so the player can identify if they walked in this area by what's on the walls for example a painting or a flower pot. Really excited to see how your game turns out hope you dont run into many problems, best of luck !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jade,
    How are you doing? I have just finished up reading your game idea and I have to say I really enjoyed reading it. I like your game idea, I think the idea of a maze game is really fun and also challenging for your brain. I like the way you have a backstory to the game it adds more content and gives the players something to run from. I think there's potential to add a really cool backstory to this, this will only make the game more playable. I also enjoyed the seasonal twist you added with the Halloween theme. I was wondering if you have thought of developing other seasons and festive themes into your game like, Christmas, Easter etc. I think this would be a cool idea and is something you could constantly be updating. Through this you could gain players anytime throughout the year.
    All the best with your game and I can't wait to play it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jade, really like the idea of a maze game! I also considered doing a maze game but decided on something else. I like your idea for the story behind the game and I wish you the best of luck in creating the game. Looking forward to trying it out!

    ReplyDelete

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1755KsSGLWBnuJ1nWjMi_XglvVSr772vsKQ2O3A5vjOc/edit#

Reading 12 - Doing

So, we finally launched our book! To be quite honest, i'm so glad its over I felt like I was back in secondary school again doing all ...