Friday, November 27, 2020

Alpha

So my game would be more or less finished I just have some final touches by adding script to the coins to collect them, stop my avatar from walking into walls and adding final audio.

Since last week I have added scripts to my player and he can now move about in side the maze which I am so happy with!  So I actually haven't been having any technical problems with my Unity anymore thank god! cause that was a nightmare at the start. Here's an image of my game,

 
So here is my design for my maze, the floor is a huge question mark in relation to which path to take in the game, there are walls which also have blood marks, another wall also has a picture of a man which is it look like a dead body and then the rest of the walls have a black brick with a horror like image as the game is suppose to be horror themes.

There was a weird problem I kept having, the asset, there was actually a  built a maze already but you can only see it when your in play mode in scene ( I got rid of it ) but I just didn't  understand how I never noticed it before 

Anyways, I then added the coins and just need to add a few more scripts!

 So far I'm happy with how it looks, I'm not a pro so its not going to be the best ๐Ÿ˜‚
I think I definitely gave myself more work than I'm capable of, so some things will have to be cut short, which include the map and obstacles etc, as much as I would love to sit down and mess about and try to make this game good I just need to use my time management right and set aside time for my other modules coming up as well, and to do all this first time round and trying to make everything perfect would be very stress full and time consuming but overall I'm happy out with what I have because I never thought id even make it this far in the game.





4 comments:

  1. Hey Jade!!! Your game looks amazing !! Its really come a long way, glad to see the progress you've made over the past few weeks and been keeping up with your game. I wonder how the game is gonna run and how it will look when the player plays it. What if you made it possible for the player to pick different difficulties so each maze was bigger depending on the difficulty they choose. I do agree I think I gave myself more work than I was capable of there are certain things I mentioned in my GDD that unfortunately are too difficult for me to do. Anyway bets of luck with you game :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jade, really really good progress you got here on you game, a big improvement to last weeks and that's what you want to see. Great to see your getting your code done, probably the hardest part to it all is the coding of the game really so well done. You should be proud of your progress so far, we all aren't pros at using unity so here with you all the way haha, cant wait to see your progress for the next coming weeks and cant wait to play this game of yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jade really cool blog here, your game is looking great, good to see how far along it has come, over the past few weeks. I like how you have decided to go with a maze type game, something that is nice and easy to start off with when your entering into making games on unity. It is nice to be able to visualize what type of game you are looking at by looking at the pictures posted on your Alpha. It really helps me to see how you want your game to work and how it will run when being played. Great to see you getting the coding done, probably the hardest thing about this module. Some really interesting ideas on this project, seems like you enjoyed doing it with the amount of effort that I can see you put in. Overall really great blog and was interesting to read! Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jade, so far your game is looking really cool. It seems to have a professional so don't worry about that. What I really like about it is the amount of detail you've put into it which is honestly a lot, even just looking at the layout is impressive. All in all I would really like to play your game because it looks very fun and has a sort of dark theme to it which I'm more interested in. I'm just wondering if you have a sky model of if you'll keep it default, if you get a cool sky model it can make the game atmosphere change a lot but I can see at this stage it would be best to leave it as is. Good work!

    ReplyDelete

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1755KsSGLWBnuJ1nWjMi_XglvVSr772vsKQ2O3A5vjOc/edit#

Reading 12 - Doing

So, we finally launched our book! To be quite honest, i'm so glad its over I felt like I was back in secondary school again doing all ...