Sunday, November 22, 2020

First Playable

 So from my protoype, I tried out using a map on the plane as a guide in which just got really messy looking and cramped so for my first playable version I used a maze asset in which it made it look a lot prettier.

So, because my whole theme of this game was horror, I want to be able to have it in night mode which ill figure out how to do along the way but right now i'm going to just work on the basics and the C# scripts. Since the walls are very bare I plan to have maybe a big red splash mark along some walls to display "blood" like feature

 So I was having problem with unity once again but I changed from the 2019 version back to the 2018, which was all running smoothly until I went into game mode and pressed play to try and see if my C# of "transform.Translate( 0,0,1);" would work and it froze on me again.

For the moment i'm happy how the maze itself look and my avatar, its very simplistic yet appealing but i will definitely do more design to it 

Im meeting my plan by making sure I have the right steps done for each week and I keep working on my project.                                                                                                                                             Here below is the image of my avatar and the maze, you can see how bare it is but ill be doing more design to it and adding coins for the avatar to collect along with a timer and a small map 










2 comments:

  1. Hi Jade, I really like your idea of a maze game, seems really interesting and sounds like a really good idea. From reading your blog you know what medium of game you want to design, as you said it's a horror maze game, it sounds like you have a good idea of how you want people to play your game. I'd be interested to see how your game looks when it's finished as its an interesting concept and from what I have seen from the other blogs its fairly unique to itself too. Wish you luck and hope it's what you want it to be when you finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see that you got a working maze to begin with for your first playable, are you planning on changing the textures or are you happy with how the assets you found look as they are?
    If you want to make a night mode you could try to find a night sky world border, and figure out how to play with lighting, for a horror game dark spots could be your best friend.
    i think your idea for the blood splatter is quite good, are you planning on making it a model or texture?
    It seems like everything is going well so just keep on track and i'm sure you'll manage to finish up your game.

    ReplyDelete

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1755KsSGLWBnuJ1nWjMi_XglvVSr772vsKQ2O3A5vjOc/edit#

Reading 12 - Doing

So, we finally launched our book! To be quite honest, i'm so glad its over I felt like I was back in secondary school again doing all ...