Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Week 9 Reading and Writing

 

From looking at all my other post prior to this with my project and reading weeks, its literally just come so clear to me that I have been improving since week 1.

I genuinely think that by learning the about the growth mindset its really helped me. Im not like a gamer type of person whatsoever,

I have 0 interest in games at the moment bar one game which I was addicted to for about a week (Among Us) but other than that that’s it, but by changing my fixed mindset into growth has really helped and made me really want to succeed with making this game.

As said before im not a gamer, so all this programming is quite new to me so lucky enough Shaun actually chose a software which gave you step by step tutorials to help you along the way otherwise I would have been so lost.

But from seeing my post from week 1 + it just reminded me how much I was nervous for this module and with making a game and now from TRYING to change and use a growth mindset I actually kept trying and trying, I would have given up by now if I didn’t really challenge myself.

Reading back at  prototypes and game ideas im really happy I went for the maze in the end, and its not too difficult either, there are some good assets that really helped and when starting off I learned some cool tricks just by watching youtube videos.

My biggest accomplishment from this class is looking at things in a different perspective and really push myself even If I don’t like it.  This was my prototype of the game when I had my idea, I used a map as the plane to help me make the maze with the walls ect , I know it looks pretty messy but it’s the start off point I had to then switch from the 2019 back to the 2018 due to problems which was so annoying bu ti guess it was worth it in the end! , then the image below is actually my real game “The Eerie Chase”  in which I used two assets for this, a male and a maze asset. The asset had everything I was looking for!



The reason why I picked these to images is because it shows progress which is pretty decent, lik eif you look at the first picture it was incredibly messy and  from the updated version it just looks so  neat and all my assests on unity are more organised



From looking back at all my progress, im really looking forward to seeing how my game turns out and so intrigued to  what it will look like when its 100% finished and what other things I add/change.

Not going to lie I also cant wait to finish this semester and hopefully get back into college  for next semester and be able to physically communicate to the lecturers and everyone else.. fingers crossed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1755KsSGLWBnuJ1nWjMi_XglvVSr772vsKQ2O3A5vjOc/edit#

Reading 12 - Doing

So, we finally launched our book! To be quite honest, i'm so glad its over I felt like I was back in secondary school again doing all ...