Sunday, October 11, 2020

Feedback Thoughts

 I've just read two articles , one called Why its so hard to hear negative feedback by Tom Herrera and  7 ways to crush self doubt in creative work by John Spencer

The first one I want to talk about is "Why its so hard to hear negative feedback"

To be so honest, I HATE negative feedback  because I feel its so degrading and I always tense up and in the article it literally describes just that so like its normal for people to feel that way and  we will literally try so hard to avoid those people who give us negative feedback.

It talks about how people delivering the feedback shouldn't  just sugar-coat it they should be honest and say how it could be improved and also because when we receive hard feedback we just don't want to agree with it and it will just piss us off but when you do receive feed back use it for self improvement and try to just think that everything being said to you is all done in good faith!


From reading the "7 ways to crush self doubt" has actually made me want to open my eyes more to a growth mindset, the steps are actually really helpful and motivating.

I always compare my work to others in this course, which I really shouldn't because everyone is different but from even just reading this article its just shown me to trust and believe in myself. As I've already read about the growth mindset (and keep reading more) that's really made me want to make challenge my new comfort zone.

Definitely recommend yous to give these a read!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1755KsSGLWBnuJ1nWjMi_XglvVSr772vsKQ2O3A5vjOc/edit#

Reading 12 - Doing

So, we finally launched our book! To be quite honest, i'm so glad its over I felt like I was back in secondary school again doing all ...