Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Game Elements

 I was just reading the articles for this week and the first one I was reading was the word doc. 

"What are the Qualities of Games"


It really opens your eyes to what the "core" of the game is  and how you should really investigate the atomic elements like the goals, rules, theme sequences etc and it gives you some good questions to ask yourself when you are doing a critical analysis for your target audience


I then began to read the article by Annakaisa Kultima which was about "Game Design Research" she spoke about the definition of games and how 2001 was year one of computer games, then from design research to then game research design.

I found the article itself so interesting and  when she said she had asked some game developers to describe their conception of a game and they said  it  could mean "emotional engineering" or  "largely communication" while for everything else it just more or less the game design. 


Its actually a very interesting article if your interested in gaming and want to know a bit more give it a read!

to read the article - click here

Below I'm just adding a few links that I thought was really interesting and want to share!

Game Design Video

Game Design- 4 years later

10 things you should know when designing a game





No comments:

Post a Comment

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1755KsSGLWBnuJ1nWjMi_XglvVSr772vsKQ2O3A5vjOc/edit#

Reading 12 - Doing

So, we finally launched our book! To be quite honest, i'm so glad its over I felt like I was back in secondary school again doing all ...