Friday, October 9, 2020

Project: Game Brainstorming

Idea 1:

For the first idea, I decided to just think about previous games that I’ve played and enjoyed and the first one I decided to come up with was a maze game. Now I know maze games are common but there’s never the same path! As I was brainstorming and thinking of having multiple different obstacles along the way, in my head it clicked that the theme of this game should be a horror game.

So, with talking about horror, Halloween is coming up, so I guess that’s where the idea kind of came from. I LOVE horror movies like that is my favourite genre ever! But I just never really got into those horror video games, so that’s why this idea was so out of my comfort zone but it’s a challenge and as said by Carol Dwek  “Challenge should be the new comfort zone”

                                      

So, I presume you all already know what a maze is, and if not that’s what it looks like!

I remember when I went to Farmaphobia and Tayto park during Halloween ( these places are open during Halloween with a haunted scare walk through/ haunted house ), when I go there and they tell us theres a haunted/scary maze we have to go through, my heart just drops to my stomach. Its just not knowing the unknown, who is going to pop out of where and what, the rush of adrenaline etc.


Idea 2:

My second idea was one that has already been done a few times but its still just brainstorm!

I used to play a game when I was younger  called “Parking Mania” and it was a game of cars in a cramped car park in which you had to try move over different cars in order to get out, it was genuinely as confusing as a rubix cube! I used to have to repeat the level over and over again because I couldn’t get it and I was getting so annoyed

Anyways, my idea was something like it, but maybe not using cars as its already done before but an obstacle that is gets you really frustrated that you cannot win

So, he whole idea of the game is to really try get out or a crowded/cramped place with a timer running. I think to make this game interesting there should be a story behind it to why the person/thing must leave the area asap and has a timer, it really gets you frustrated and get your adrenaline running when you have a task and you just cant complete it in that specific time.

This is just a rough idea of a parking lot game


Idea 3: 

For my third idea I was thinking of a multiplayer game. My idea was to do a racing sort of game with two players of uneven surfaces trying to pass obstacles

I got this idea because I kept trying to think of games I used to play when I was younger that I got in the app store and one game that was so popular was temple run. I used to always want that to be a multiplayer game so with that I decided to put a twist on it and make it my own.

It was so frustrating if you were running from the monkeys and you accidentally tripped and they would come closer and their sound would be highlighted which cause a rush in adrenaline as you tried to not die or mess up!

For the game I would love for it to be like a racing path with obstacles coming your way, kind of like Mario cart X temple run. Multiplayer with different obstacles like zigzags, stones, balls etc I’m just hoping I can do something like this with Unity, even though I’m not the equip with it yet and even if I can use multiplayer yet I can always just to singular , still brainstorming!

Here’s a picture of a game in which looks quite similar to what I’m going for.

 

Idea 4:

Lastly but not least, for the fourth game the idea I was thing of was like a harry potter inspired flappy bird!

I’ve literally gotten so addicted to harry potter recently it was only right to base a game on the iconic movies and this was actually my first idea I had.

So basically the idea of this game came from the likes of  Mario superbros, the running jumping and then flappy bird, the flying and dodging, so since I’ve been so so obsessed with Harry Potter I thought a cool idea might be doing a 3d game of the flying car with obstacles so it would have to like dodge, swerve from like people flying on like brooms, branches in the way birds/ owns etc

I do not know about you’s reading this, but I know that if a game like this came out on IOS or Android I wouldn’t be the only one playing it. I just hope it hasn’t been made before...

This obviously would have been a 2d version of the games, a lot of people had remade flappy bird with other avatars instead of birds, but I just thought a 3D version would be cool.

It would give you the same rush of adrenalin flappy bird would have by trying to beat your high score, messing up and getting frustrated, annoyed, impatient and being determined to beat your high score.


2 comments:

  1. Very impressed with how many ideas you have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jade. I love you game ideas! I love seeing the variety of game ideas everyone has. My favourite game idea is the maze as your trying to go for a horror theme. I think thats cool as I love a good horror game. I like your approach on how you want to add your own twist to it. Anyways, I hope you succeed in developing whichever game idea you choose.

    ReplyDelete

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1755KsSGLWBnuJ1nWjMi_XglvVSr772vsKQ2O3A5vjOc/edit#

Reading 12 - Doing

So, we finally launched our book! To be quite honest, i'm so glad its over I felt like I was back in secondary school again doing all ...