Thursday, February 4, 2021

Unity Tutorial 01

For this week’s unity task, we are going through a tutorial asset on Unity called "Ruby's Adventure", this differs from last semester because I was using unity to create my very own 3D game, but this semester is being changed up, so this game is actually 2D.

 Firstly, I set up the game by downloading the asset and I then opened up a demo screen.

The next task was to place the main character in called "Ruby" and then set coordinates and add a script for her to move around which was C# (horizontal-vertical-input-axis)

 Then when going forward with my tasks it came to designing the environment for my game in which I was actually excited to adjust and designing the tiles and painting them too ๐Ÿ˜‚

It was a bit difficult at times and the instructions weren’t really the clearest, as well as that I didn’t know you could move the palette, so it was really annoying when i found that out, but I got it all in the end thankfully.

 Obviously I knew I wasn’t the best in Unity so I know that I still need to develop my skills in this but I'll get the hang of it!







No comments:

Post a Comment

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1755KsSGLWBnuJ1nWjMi_XglvVSr772vsKQ2O3A5vjOc/edit#

Reading 12 - Doing

So, we finally launched our book! To be quite honest, i'm so glad its over I felt like I was back in secondary school again doing all ...